Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A 4 Year Old, Markers, and a Sleeping Dad

Yesterday afternoon I woke up, stumbled to my coffee pot to turn it on, and then sat down in my recliner to wait on my coffee.  The Big Guy was trying to talk to me, but of course without my caffeine, he really wasn't making that much sense.  Once my pot of instant Mom was done, and I had a cup down, I could actually focus on him telling me about how his arm was shaking. I noticed that there was a HUGE purple bruise on that arm.  With his Multiple Sclerosis we tend to check out anything that could be an issue.

Me "Um, there's a huge bruise on your arm, maybe that's the cause of it."
Big Guy "Where?"
Me "Right there, just go in the bathroom and look at it."

After closer inspection of the bruise, I realized that it was a purplish marker on his arm and not a bruise.  Since both Bug and Doodle were at school, there was only one little person left that could have drawn on him while he slept.  It's important to point out here that since I work midnights, I go to bed as soon as the girls are on the bus and Little Guy knows that if Mom is already asleep when he gets up that he is to wake the Big Guy up.  So I called the Little Guy into the living room so I could interrogate him.  Since he smiled and giggled the whole time, I was pretty sure that it was him.  I reminded him that he is to wake up Dad as soon as he gets up, and that it's not nice to draw on people while they are asleep.  He said "Ok Mom" and ran off to do what ever it is that 4 year old boys do.

I didn't give any more thought to the marker incident for about another 5 hours.  As The Big Guy stood up, his shorts slipped down, and for that split second before he pulled them up, I could see part of his butt.  Evidently his arm wasn't the only thing that the Little Guy decided to use as a canvas for his purplish marker.  I am guessing that while The Big Guy was asleep, his shorts must have slipped down, causing part of his butt to be exposed.  Being the loving, supportive wife that I am, I started laughing hysterically to the point where I couldn't even tell him why I was laughing so hard.  I finally managed to get out "Check out your butt in the mirror" before dissolving into another bout of laughter.  2.3 seconds after he walked into the bathroom I heard the Little Guys name being yelled across the house, and then giggling coming from the toy room.

The Little Guy had turned half of his butt into a purple masterpiece.  I'm not sure how he managed to sleep while this was being done to him, because I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't have been able too.  The Big Guy confiscated all of the markers in the house, and attempted to discipline the Little Guy about it.  Unfortunately it was a good 30 minutes before I could stop laughing about it, so he had to give up on the discipline routine.  I'm not sure if he was more mad about his butt or me finding it so hilarious, but either way he is still pouting about it.

3 comments:

  1. So funny! I hope you snapped a photo of the work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read/hear this it makes me laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete